What is Boza?
- Boza is an alcohol-free, lightly fermented beverage produced from millet semolina, water and sugar.
- It is one of the oldest Turkish beverages known.
What are the benefits of boza?
- It increases milk production in sucking mothers with the active yeasts it contains.
- It helps the prevention of the formation of carcinogenic substancessuch as nitrosamine in the body.
- It has probiotical effect by dint of the active yeasts and beneficial bacteria it contains.
- It makes the body resistant (resistent değil ) against many infections such as influenza and it provides the resistance of the body to get strong with the beneficial bacteria.
- It is very beneficial for the people who need energy, pregnant women and sportsmen because of its rich protein and vitamin B content.
- The lactic acid forming during the fermentation of the boza helps making the digestion easier.
- It positively affects the activities of the gastric glands.
- It has an important role in nutrition because it contains vitamin B complex.
- It has eye-opening effect and relaxing effect for the nerves.
- It is known as ‘’liquid bread’’ because of its nutritious feature because it contains many nutritional elements besides carbonhydrate and protein.